- furthermore (adv.)
- c. 1200, from further (adv.) + more. There also was a farthermore in Middle English. Related: Furthermost.
- 1. Furthermore, as Gervaise was quick to point out, Mr Scully was not a detective.
- 2. I don't like her because she is too tall and furthermore she smokes too much.
- 3. I don't want to go there, furthermore, I have no time to do so.
- 我不想去那里, 而且我也没时间去.
- 4. Furthermore, there is a marked absence of peer pressure here, which would make itself palpably felt when such anti - social conduct occurs.
- 再者, 本地明显缺乏同辈人之间的压力, 致使不良行为发生时,众人浑然不觉其不妥.
- 5. Furthermore, subsidies provide incentives only for investments in equipment.
- 更有甚者, 提供津贴仅是为鼓励增添设备的投资.
来自英汉非文学 - 环境法 - 环境法