- adj. 锤成的；铸打成的
- v. 锤打（hammer的过去式和过去分词形式）
- hammered (adj.)
- 1530s, past participle adjective from hammer (v.). As a slang synonym for "drunk," attested by 1986.
- 1. He hammered the young Austrian player in four straight sets.
- 2. If we turned up late we would be hammered by everybody.
- 3. Recent advertising campaigns from the industry have hammered at these themes.
- 4. Look at the numbers of small businesses that are being hammered unmercifully.
- 5. They also hammered away at Labor's plans to raise taxes.